If you are interested in volunteering to help with the club or coaching positions please talk to any committee member or email the club directly at email@example.com Read on more details….
- Over the last few years athletics in this country has been exposed to the largest shop window in several generations.
- At the City of York Athletic Club we needed to be ready for the increase in interest in our sport and have the infrastructure to deal with more participants and have the volunteers to deal with this.
- There are many groups within the community that we have encouraged to volunteer with the club. It is a particularly important to have volunteers of varying ages to bring diverse experiences and benefits to the club.
- Younger people and older people also have different motivations and needs for volunteering
- Many of our younger volunteers are undertaking sports courses at school, college and university. Some are doing their Duke of Edinburgh Award – we are able to help all these young people at City of York AC through work placements and offering opportunities to coach young children in our grassroots sections.
- Our older volunteers usually “want to put something back” into the sport they perhaps took part in when they were younger or are a parent of a young person just starting out with the club.
- Our volunteers help out in many ways from members of the committee, event support, coaching, team manager, social events coordinator, administration and many more
- Retaining our volunteers is an essential part of the clubs plan. Without investing time and effort into retention valuable experienced volunteers will be lost. At City of York AC we reward our volunteers by offering coaching and officiating bursaries. We offer our volunteers development workshops where they have the opportunities to learn new skills.
- Most of all volunteering at the City of York AC is very rewarding and we are all part of a fantastic team. Thank you.