Competitions and Events organised by City of York AC:
To improve access to competion and increase participation, the City of York Athletic Club organises a number of events, including the very popular benenden health summer league. These events are open to all ages and abilities and you do not need to be a member of an athletic club to compete. Events include;
- benenden Summer Track and Field League
- City of York AC Open track and field meet
- Cross Country Events
- New Year Relays – cross-country handicap relay around New Year on York Knavesmire, open to all ages and both male and female entrants. For teams of 3, with a 1.5 mile leg and two 3 mile legs.
- Yorkshire Vets race, Heslington, May – part of the Yorkshire Vets Grand Prix series, a course of approximately 10k, mainly off-road
- Millennium Bridge 5k & 2.5k races, AugustOff-road, but mainly tarmac underfoot by the side of the river Ouse. Evening race.