Welcome to the City of York Athletic Club Website
City of York AC is a local grassroots Athletic Club catering for beginner and elite athletes, newcomers and veterans alike. We offer quality and friendly coaching in a supportive environment providing opportunities for all participants to try all track and field events as well as road, cross country, trail and fell running. We have an established disability athletes group and run weekly athletics training sessions in York to cater for all ages from 5 for all levels of ability.
Notice of the Club AGM
The Club AGM will be held at 8pm on Monday 27th February. The venue is the athletics track clubhouse. A formal notification is included in the following link: AGM Notice 2017 and the agenda is as follows: AGM Agenda 2017.
2017 Club Membership
The new 2017 online membership form is now live and the first set of membership cards are ready for collection from the club office. The link to the form is on the main menu. Please can all current members renew at the earliest opportunity. Important points to note:
– Athletes will be issued with a membership card which will need to be shown at each training session. Non registered athletes will not be permitted to train or compete for the club.
– All U14 club members must be dropped off and collected from within the appropriate facility. No athlete in this age group is permitted to warm up or train outside of the designated perimeter.
– Hi-vis bibs or jackets must be worn when warming up or running outside of the Athletics Track.
Club news will be updated regularly and is available via the links on the homepage. Additional news, reports and photos are available on our facebook page.
– Training cancellations will be announced here
– Angus McMillan and Josh Dickinson become North of England Cross Country champions! Well done to you both and to all supporters and athletes that represented the club. See Club News for the report.
– The Active Award Nominations will open on the 2nd January 2017 and close on the 10th February 2017. This is an opportunity to honour club members that have contributed in a successful 2016. Details can be found at http://activeyork.co.uk/awards_nomination.htm
– The 2017 endurance running and track & field fixtures are available under the fixtures menu.
City of York Athletics Club is a Deaf Inclusive Club with the coaches of the disability group both attending the Sport Coach UK Effective Communication for deaf people in sport. As well as the Club Development Officer who helps and supports most of the other training sessions.