Welcome to the City of York Athletic Club Website
City of York AC is a local grassroots Athletic Club catering for beginner and elite athletes, newcomers and veterans alike. We offer quality and friendly coaching in a supportive environment providing opportunities for all participants to try all track and field events as well as road, cross country, trail and fell running. We have an established disability athletes group and run weekly athletics training sessions in York to cater for all ages from 5 for all levels of ability.
Club news will be updated regularly and is available via the links on the homepage. Additional news, reports and photos are available on our facebook page.
– Josh Dickinson leads the way for the club and wins gold at the UK Inter-Counties Cross Country Championships. A report which includes other great performances by club athletes is detailed in latest news!
– Entry for the popular Summer League series is now available. This includes a new online form in addition to the paper copy. Information and access to the forms are available on the Summer League page.
– Following February’s Club AGM the Club Committee page has been updated with the following information:
- The approved AGM meeting minutes.
- Updated list of club officials and committee members.
- The Club Development Officer’s report for 2016.
2017 Club Membership
2017 club memberships are now due and the process can be easily completed via the online form. The membership deadline is the 31st March so all members need to have registered by this date in order to train or compete for the club.
- The membership cards for all 2017 registered members are now available for collection from the club office.
- An updated list of the 373 registered club members (as of the 24th March) is available here: Club Members – 24Mar17.
- A guidance sheet on the English Athletics registration process is available here: CoYAC EA Registration Overview. The guide includes information regarding the English Athletics licence checker where members can directly check their details: EA Licence Check
Important points to note:
- Athletes will be issued with a membership card which will need to be shown at each training session. Non registered athletes will not be permitted to train or compete for the club.
- All U14 club members must be dropped off and collected from within the appropriate facility. No athlete in this age group is permitted to warm up or train outside of the designated perimeter.
- Hi-vis bibs or jackets must be worn when warming up or running outside of the Athletics Track.
City of York Athletics Club is a Deaf Inclusive Club with the coaches of the disability group both attending the Sport Coach UK Effective Communication for deaf people in sport. As well as the Club Development Officer who helps and supports most of the other training sessions.