Welcome to the City of York Athletic Club Website
City of York AC is a local grassroots Athletic Club catering for beginner and elite athletes, newcomers and veterans alike. We offer quality and friendly coaching in a supportive environment providing opportunities for all participants to try all track and field events as well as road, cross country, trail and fell running. We have an established disability athletes group and run weekly athletics training sessions in York to cater for all ages from 5 for all levels of ability.
There will no training for the below groups:
Friday 28th April – U11’s as the track is booked for an University event.
Club news will be updated regularly and is available via the links on the homepage. Additional news, reports and photos are available on our facebook page.
– The entry form for the Yorkshire Track & Field Championships on the 13th and 14th May can be downloaded here: Yorkshire Track and Field entry form 2017. The closing date for entries is the 28th April.
– Entry for the popular Summer League series is now available. This includes a new online form in addition to the paper copy. Information and access to the forms are available on the Summer League page.
– Entries for the York 10k Road Race league is online with no entries on the day link
2017 Club Membership
Membership cards for all 2017 registered members are now available for collection from the club office. A full list of Club members that includes the EA registration status is available for review: Club Members – 24Apr17. A guidance sheet on the English Athletics registration process is available here: CoYAC EA Registration Overview.
Important points to note:
– Athletes will be issued with a membership card which will need to be shown at each training session. Non registered athletes will not be permitted to train or compete for the club.
– All U14 club members must be dropped off and collected from within the appropriate facility. No athlete in this age group is permitted to warm up or train outside of the designated perimeter.
– Hi-vis bibs or jackets must be worn when warming up or running outside of the Athletics Track.
City of York Athletics Club is a Deaf Inclusive Club with the coaches of the disability group both attending the Sport Coach UK Effective Communication for deaf people in sport. As well as the Club Development Officer who helps and supports most of the other training sessions.