Welcome to the City of York Athletic Club Website
City of York AC is a local grassroots Athletic Club catering for beginner and elite athletes, newcomers and veterans alike. We offer quality and friendly coaching in a supportive environment providing opportunities for all participants to try all track and field events as well as road, cross country, trail and fell running. We have an established disability athletes group and run weekly athletics training sessions in York to cater for all ages from 5 for all levels of ability.
Yorkshire Track and Field Championships- Incredible weekend!
Nearly 50 City of York AC athletes competed in this weekend’s County Championships at Dorothy Hyman Stadium in Cudworth for Yorkshire athletes and Costello Stadium in Hull for those resident in Humberside , a fantastic showing of green and black vests in all age groups resulting in 43 individual medals for our Team members – a tremendous haul!
Summer League Series 2017
The results and league table for the 1st Summer League fixture are now available via the Summer League page. The organising committee apologise for the delay which was caused by a problem with the results programme. Thank you for your patience. The timetable has been revised slightly since the first meeting and is available here. Please note that the field events start at 10am.
Club news will be updated regularly and is available via the links on the homepage. Additional news, reports and photos are available on our facebook page.
– Bank Holiday Monday: training is cancelled at the track and your coach will advise of alternative arrangements.
– Paul Wilson’s group: there will be no training during the week commencing Monday 29th May.
– U11’s Friday: there will be no training on Friday 2nd June.
– Entries for the York 10k Road Race league is online with no entries on the day link
2017 Club Membership
Membership cards for all 2017 registered members are now available for collection from the club office. A full list of Club members that includes the EA registration status can be downloaded here: Club Members – 22May17. A guidance sheet on the English Athletics registration process is available here: CoYAC EA Registration Overview.
Important points to note:
– Athletes will be issued with a membership card which will need to be shown at each training session. Non registered athletes will not be permitted to train or compete for the club.
– All U14 club members must be dropped off and collected from within the appropriate facility. No athlete in this age group is permitted to warm up or train outside of the designated perimeter.
– Hi-vis bibs or jackets must be worn when warming up or running outside of the Athletics Track.
City of York Athletics Club is a Deaf Inclusive Club with the coaches of the disability group both attending the Sport Coach UK Effective Communication for deaf people in sport. As well as the Club Development Officer who helps and supports most of the other training sessions.