Welcome to the City of York Athletic Club Website
City of York AC is a local grassroots Athletic Club catering for beginner and elite athletes, newcomers and veterans alike. We offer quality and friendly coaching in a supportive environment providing opportunities for all participants to try all track and field events as well as road, cross country, trail and fell running. We have an established disability athletes group and run weekly athletics training sessions in York to cater for all ages from 5 for all levels of ability.
Yorkshire Track and Field Championships- Incredible weekend!
Nearly 50 City of York AC athletes competed in this weekend’s County Championships at Dorothy Hyman Stadium in Cudworth for Yorkshire athletes and Costello Stadium in Hull for those resident in Humberside , a fantastic showing of green and black vests in all age groups resulting in 43 individual medals for our Team members – a tremendous haul!
The weekend’s competitions would not have taken place without the support of the Club’s coaches and the very long hours put in by our volunteer officials at both venues – Many thanks to them and all of those who cheered on from the stands.”
Club news will be updated regularly and is available via the links on the homepage. Additional news, reports and photos are available on our facebook page.
– The results for the 1st Summer League meeting have been delayed but are nearing completion. The club apologize for the delay. Changes will be made to the process to speed up the result for the next meeting.
– Information and results for the popular Summer League Series are available via the Summer League page. Please note that the field events start at 10am. The timetable has been revised slightly since the first meeting and is available here.
– Entries for the York 10k Road Race league is online with no entries on the day link
2017 Club Membership
Membership cards for all 2017 registered members are now available for collection from the club office. A full list of Club members that includes the EA registration status can be downloaded here: Club Members – 22May17. A guidance sheet on the English Athletics registration process is available here: CoYAC EA Registration Overview.
Important points to note:
– Athletes will be issued with a membership card which will need to be shown at each training session. Non registered athletes will not be permitted to train or compete for the club.
– All U14 club members must be dropped off and collected from within the appropriate facility. No athlete in this age group is permitted to warm up or train outside of the designated perimeter.
– Hi-vis bibs or jackets must be worn when warming up or running outside of the Athletics Track.
City of York Athletics Club is a Deaf Inclusive Club with the coaches of the disability group both attending the Sport Coach UK Effective Communication for deaf people in sport. As well as the Club Development Officer who helps and supports most of the other training sessions.