Welcome to the City of York Athletic Club Website
City of York AC is a local grassroots Athletic Club catering for beginner and elite athletes, newcomers and veterans alike. We offer quality and friendly coaching in a supportive environment providing opportunities for all participants to try all track and field events as well as road, cross country, trail and fell running. We have an established disability athletes group and run weekly athletics training sessions in York to cater for all ages from 5 for all levels of ability.
Club news will be updated regularly and is available via the links on the homepage. Additional news, reports and photos are available on our facebook page.
Christmas / New Year holiday track closure – the track will be closed from Thursday 22nd December and will reopen on Wednesday 3rd January. Your coach will be able to advise of any adhoc training sessions during this time. Please also note:
– U11’s Friday – the last session before the break will be Friday 9th December.
– U11’s Wednesday – the last session before the break will be Wednesday 14th December.
– The 2017 endurance running and track & field fixtures are available under the fixtures menu.
– Important reminder: please can we remind all Athletes that hi-vis bibs or jackets must be worn when warming up or running outside of the Athletics Track. This is a zero tolerance rule.
– Entries for the Jan / Feb 2017 Cross Country Championships are now being collected. Please refer to the Club News for details.
– London Marathon places up for grabs. Check the latest Club News for details
– X-Country Relays: the U17 boy’s team pictured below were joined by the Seniors and U20 men. See Club News for the report.
benenden Sponsorship for 2016
benenden will continue to actively support York’s Olympic legacy by remaining the main sponsor for the City of York Athletic Club for 2016 – helping to secure the financial future of the Club and also allowing the Club to continue its work in schools and the wider community. Benenden, a York-based organisation and one of the UK’s leading mutual healthcare providers, will be main sponsor of the club for 2016 – a partnership which will include supporting the Club’s flagship athletics competition the benenden Summer League. We are absolutely delighted to continue our partnership with a sponsor that shares our values and proactively contributes so significantly to community sport. We hope you will find time to access their webpages through this link and consider the benefits to you and your family of healthcare protection.
City of York Athletics Club is a Deaf Inclusive Club with the coaches of the disability group both attending the Sport Coach UK Effective Communication for deaf people in sport. As well as the Club Development Officer who helps and supports most of the other training sessions.